Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Last Lecture

After everything I've learned for this course, I would say that my parting advice to someone thinking about taking on the task of an entrepreneurial journey is to dream big and work hard. Take other peoples' advice into consideration. Always be willing to learn from others. You'll never know it all. There will always be something new to learn. Prioritize your life. Put the Lord first and everything else will fall into place. Nothing great is achieved without hard work and dedication. Never be afraid to ask for help. Include those you love in your journey; it will strengthen your relationships and you will have more success in the end. Don’t let yourself get so caught up in your work that you neglect the people you love in your life though. It’s important to take breaks and moments to breathe air outside of your business. I have never had my own business, but I have taken on large tasks. The things that have helped me find success in those tasks were my family and hard work. Nothing can replace either one of those things.

 Family is one of the most important things in your life and nothing should get in the way of taking care of them or nurturing your relationships with them. Success without family is empty. There is no point in being on top of the world if you’re there alone. To my point about breaks, I would link it to family. My family has been a great help in keeping me grounded as well as motivated. They believe in me but help remind me to not get laser focused on one thing in my life. When we take on big tasks, it’s very easy to become so focused on them that we forget to take care of those we love and ourselves. We need to remember to do both. My last piece of advice is to establish principles. Know what you will or won’t do. Establish lines of conduct that you will not cross. People will ask you to do a million things and sometimes the things they ask of you are incorrect. When someone is pressuring you to do something, it can be difficult to say no. No matter what the immediate consequences are, stand with your principles and do not let anyone bully you into compromising them. Perhaps more importantly, do not let you convince yourself into compromising on your principles.

No comments:

Post a Comment