Saturday, February 24, 2018

Week 7


Of all the seven habits, be proactive was the one that stuck out the most to me. With some parts of my life, I struggle with being proactive. Sometimes I'm better at it than other times but it's something I can definitely work on. When I'm excited to start something new, I'm very good at being proactive, but when I hit that plateau that eventually arrives I struggle with it.

In his talk, President Hinkley talks about getting all the education you can. I struggle with continuing my education sometimes. It’s a lot to handle when you’re already trying to work full time. It’s tempting to just quit going to school and just work, but President Hinkley reminded me that it’s important for us to get all of the education we can now. This isn’t just important for us in the afterlife as we are firmly taught by general authorities and in church curriculum; it is also important for us now in this life. Anything good is from God and you never know what bit of knowledge might come in handy later, especially as an entrepreneur.

I’m excited to start implementing this principle now. I want to start practicing being proactive so that I can develop that habit now when I’m young. I hope to learn more techniques to help me with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment